Food Trucks @ the Library
As part of the Lunch Hour NYC exhibition, we host a rotating line-up of food trucks at the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building every weekday (schedule). From grilled cheese sandwiches to lobster rolls, we offer an array of choices for your lunch break. So we thought it’d be fun to profile the owners of these beloved trucks and get a taste of their favorite food delights.
Derek Kaye, owner of the Eddie’s Pizza food truck (every Friday)
1. What’s your favorite dish from your truck?
The Spicy Chicken Pizza: chicken cutlet, hot cherry peppers, and Frank’s hot sauce. Ask for a little crumbled blue cheese to be added.
2. What dish from your truck would you recommend to new customers?
Eddie’s Favorite: pepperoni, sausage, meatball, peppers, onions, and mushrooms (pictured above).
3. What’s your favorite thing to eat for lunch?
4. What was your favorite lunch growing up?
5. If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6. How did you get into the food truck industry?
I have had a love for food and hospitality my whole life. After I graduated from the Cornell School of Hotel Administration, I started researching and realized it was too expensive to start a restaurant, so I turned to a food truck.
And a good thing he did! Eddie’s Pizza is famous for their bar pies and thin crust pizzas, so check out their menu, and stop by 40th St. and 5th Ave. from 11-3 p.m. every Friday if you see a pizza with your name on it.
Photos: marklyon via Flickr (top) and missmeng via Flickr (bottom)